On 8/22/18 we experienced an issue with the main database server which caused a few hours of downtime for all applications (SoniXCast, GML, GPP, CentovaCast…) which has now been permanently resolved.
The legacy system which maintained the main database server was experiencing intermittent network interface dropouts and we were in the process of moving all databases into the AWS (Amazon.com) cloud when the server just gave up completely.
It was all hands on deck to get the databases moved into the cloud and get all the applications working again. However now all databases are hosted on a high availability, multi-point redundant platform that will ensure that future issues with database connectivity can never occur.
No data was lost or compromised during the operation and we apologize to all for the inconvenience.
We are happy to announce the release of updates to BoomBox, SoniXFM and CentovaCast which address issues reported by customers and consumers. See the changelog below for detailed information:
BoomBox™ Radio Automation (RA)
- Upgraded from 3.1 to 3.2
- Complete rewrite of the core subsystem
- Expanded monitoring to auto restart account services unless otherwise disabled
- Introduction of enhanced media management and auditing
- Re-introduction of the global music library (GML)
- GeoTrend fixes and enhancements (Phase 1 of 3)
- Listener Session fixes and enhancements (Phase 1 of 3)
- Server and transcoder fixes and enhancements (Phase 2 of 4)
- Nomenclature adjustments (Phase 3 of 6)
- Numerous UI enhancements and fixes
SoniXFM™ Global Relay Network (GRN)
- Added 14 additional nodes in South America, Asia and Oceana
- NIST/GPS synchronization enhancements
- European RDS integration released (Phase 1 of 2)
- Embedded device (Roku, SmartTV…) fixes and enhancements
- 44 additional AM/FM Channels added to the terrestrial radio program
- Digital Satellite Radio (SirusXM, DirectTV, Hughes…) fixes and enhancements
- DAB and DAB+ (Europe) fixes and enhancements
SoniXCast™ Global Popularization Platform (GPP)
- Added Pandora, Slacker and Spotify platform support
- ClearChannel (iHeartRadio) platform fixes and enhancements
- iTunes, TuneIn, Nobex fixes and enhancements
- Amazon, Live365 fixes and enhancements
- Discontinued ShoutCast.com integration
- Extended Xiph.org integration
- Added Hindi, Basque and Farsi language support
- Installed ftp service on all slave systems (cc2x.sonixcast.com)
- Upgraded the max file upload size to 500MiB
- Amazon.com album lookup integration
- Expanded DNS support for widgets and players
- Numerous UI enhancements and fixes
Customers are encouraged to login to their respective control panels and verify that the patches applied resolve any reported issues.
The ShoutCast.com integration into the GPP has been discontinued as Radionomy has not granted SoniXCast API access despite repeated requests (No response from the support team). Customers must maintain their ShoutCast.com profile manually from now on.
SoniXFM™ Global Relay Network (GRN) and SoniXCast™ Global Popularization Platform (GPP) remain exclusively available to BoomBox Producers only.
Although initially planned, CentovaCast integration into the GPP and GRN has been put on hold indefinitely. CentovaCast has announced that a major update to their platform is in the works and it makes more sense to wait until it has been released and our systems have been upgraded before considering integration.
The majority of User Interface (UI) fixes and enhancements revolve around supporting individual browser idiosyncrasies and final integration of the Bootstrap 4 platform with full worldwide CDN integration.
The majority of stream and broadcast fixes and enhancements revolve around music metadata support for the individual platforms as the standards for such is not well-defined nor normalized.
The BoomBox Liquidsoap integration is ongoing and is, as before, slated for final release in version 3.5. However, updates have been made to the legacy transcoder which mirrors much of the basic functionality found in Liquidsoap, so that producers may become familiar with the system beforehand.