Event scheduling is a feature of the BoomBox transcoder commonly known as â€œAuto-DJâ€ and allows broadcasters to schedule complex events to better facilitate automated broadcasting or to enable access by users of live broadcasting software such as WinAmp or SAM Broadcaster.
Important:Â All dates and times adhere to the iso 8601 24-hour format in order best to comply with international standards. All SoniXCast servers are set to synchronize to Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). Therefore, users will be presented with two separate times (UTC/Local) in order to ease coordination of local timezones (computer time) and server times (UTC).
Templates are used to designate the recurrence (how often an event repeats) of an event.
There are three (3) main groupings.
- Individual EventsÂ are commonly used for pre-programmed specials that run once a day.
- Date RangeÂ events run continuously for the selected range (Always, Weekdays, Weekends).
- Time PeriodicÂ events are commonly used to inject Station IDâ€™s or Advertisements at specific times during the active broadcast.
This feature globally enables or disables the event without deleting the settings. This is useful is one would choose to manually start a playlist or jingle at a specific time during the active broadcast or to allow a guest moderator (DJ) to broadcast simultaneously (by setting the appropriate priority)
The priority designates the precedence an event has in the event queue.
- Users (DJâ€™s) should always have higher priority than the automated playlist in order to take over the stream for live broadcast.
- In the event that two users wish to broadcast simultaneously, One user must have a â€œHighâ€ priority and the other a â€œLowâ€ priority.
- A Date Range (continuously running) playlist should be set with the lowest priority and a Time Periodic (Station Id injection) playlist should be set to the highest for the best results.
Designates the date on which the event will be actuated. This is useful when defining one time special events that will occur in the future.
Designates the date in year, month and day format (YYYY-MM-DD) on which the event will discontinue. Useful when allowing guest moderators temporary access to the live broadcasting option.
Designates the time in hours, minutes and seconds format (HH:mm:ss) on which an event will recur. This is useful when planning events that will occur at regular times (i.e. 14:00 hours on Weekends).
Designates the time skew in hours, minutes and seconds format (HH:mm:ss) that will occur after the top of every hour. This is useful when scheduling Time Periodic events such as a News Flashes that run every 5 minutes after the hour.
Designates the time length in hours, minutes and seconds format (HH:mm:ss) of an event. This is useful when blending continuous playlists with one-time specials or news that are limited to a certain amount of time.
This documentation is for BoomBox Version 2.4 only. For documentation concerning previous versions or more detailed How-to's visit https://community.sonixcast.comÂ or on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/SoniXCastProducersÂ